Sunday, February 04, 2007

Summing Up

I don't like only writing once a week. This week, though, has been very busy. There's a lot of stuff.

School was good. My final school project was good, but not spectacular. Well technically it was good, but the inspiration of my idea didn't translate into the finished piece. The second to last day (penultimate) was long but moderatly interesting. Stuff about resumes and cards and portfolios. Lots of motivational stuff too. SOme of it of value and some of it not, as is usually the case with those kinds of things. Wednesday morning was more of the same with lots of goal setting thrown in. That was really useful.

Then in the afternoon we met in the studio and had food and cake and top student was announced. I didn't get it though, I was the other one being considered. That's a bit tough, but I know that my teacher has complete faith in me - she's already recommended me for work. I think the person who got it was much better in the special effects part, but also completely lacked confidence and motivation. I guess she needed it more in some way.

After that, we went bowling with our teacher (I didn't bowl, I kept score) and then went to Subeez for dinner. After saying good bye, nearly tearfully, I met a model I'm doing a shoot with on the 23rd to decide on looks. I also had to go home and prep for a job that I got that day for the next day through filmmaker.

That job was all day Thursday. Super stressful at start, but then once there it was totally fine. Not exciting really, but fun. Like it was cool to see my work and have it look good, but it was lots of sitting around. Oh! The job was doing make-up for a social work training video. I felt kind of dirty because the only reason I got the job was becasue I was sleeping with the camera guy. However, it was my first film job, and also my first paying one! It was a REAL job which was exciting. Especially the day after graduating.

So now I have this photoshoot in two weeks, and a tv job on the 14th. Neither are paying but the first will be great for my portfolio, and the second will actually air on tv (urban rush). I am also going to really apply to mac tomorrow and at another salon for reception.

Still stressed about money. Basically I don't really have any and need a second job so thatI can pay my bills and stop worrying so much. Also, I'm sad that I haven't seen Orange in at least two weeks.

Wow, I'm tired. Tomorrow is job stuff, doctor and craft group. I think I was going to say some stuff about Filmmaker, but I'm not going to tonight. Tomorrow maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw! isn't that cute! a movie-industry team! heart! (okay, i'm being fecicious.) p.s. i'm in town for a meeting wed/thurs. wed night maybe sushi somewhere with some people?