Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Further frustration

So a little while after I wrote I got a phone call from a cool thrift shop in the city. They wanted to know if I was still looking for work. I am so I went in for an interview. It went really well and I was scheduled for a training/trial shift. I went and grabbed something to eat and then headed to my doctor.

My doctor checked a bunch of things and decided to do blood work. There's basically two options. One is that I have a random bacterial infection in my lymph nodes and a run of antibiotics will fix it. The other is that I have mumps. yup, mumps. So I will go for blood tests in the morning and hopfully they will get the results to my doctor quickly, becasue if it's not an infection they have to do a mumps screening which will take a week.

And becasue it might be mumps I am contagious and can't "share air space" with anyone. This means no work tomorrow, at least, and worst case senario is that no work until the screening comes back in a week. This means even less money, no new job at the thrift store, and cancelling another make-up job for this weekend. And missing my nephews birthday.

I'm sad and really hope it's just an infection. I need to work and I need this new job.

No comments: