Saturday, June 02, 2007

Well it's done. Apparently he punched a wall at the skytrain in frustration after we left and his hand is swollen and bruised this morning. (Scary on its own) This morning, after a night a of thinking and not sleeping and crying, he realized that he is entirely in love with me and it's too hard to see me, so as hard as it is he is not going to see me anymore. He said he can still talk to me, but that he can't see me until "I am ready to see him". I corrected him really quickly. I got called a bitch and unempathetic, and cold. I told him that I wasn't any of those things, but because he wanted something that I am not giving him, he sees it that way and that's very unfair because I have been honest about what I am willing to give.

And maybe to top it all off his definition of being in love is being completely selfless for another person. When I said that that was entirely untrue for me and it only leads to losing yourself, he back peddled a bit and I was just so done. Then he finally hung up the phone, nearly in tears, saying how he would not recover from this.

It's weird how I can want so bad to be loved, but can't tolerate his way of doing it even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bah! he drives me SO crazy! i'll call you tonight after we watch art school confidential. xoxo midge.

Celia said...

I also got a follow-up emal on sunday. I read it once while at work, but didn't really take much of it in. I haven't yet read it a second time. It's just so overwhelming.