Thursday, November 10, 2005

Films

I had a decent day.
1. Today I went to the art gallery and decided I don't really like Picasso paintings.
2. I bought hand dyed and spun woll but I'm not sure if it'll make a decent size scarf.
3. I told my mom I'd be dropping two classes and she was unsympathetic and cold.

I had my iPod with me and three songs were perfect. The song links to the lyrics and the artist links to their site. You might need to scroll down for some of the lyrics.
1. Cat Power - Good Woman
2. Maria Taylor - Two of those too
3. Great Lake Swimmers - Moving Pictures (Silent Films)

I put a flight on hold. $850.00 including taxes. It can only be held until Saturday but my mom won't talk to me about it until Monday as she's going out of town.
1. Do I wait to talk to my mom and hope it's still available (there was only two seats left at that price)?
2. Do I go ahead and book?
3. Do I not go becasue it won't help me feel better, is only escaping, and is a waste of money?

Please comment much more than usual about the last section. I need the input.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is escaping, but that sometimes does make you feel better, even if it's only temporary

Anonymous said...

my love, you're absolutely right, it is a form of escape. im more worried that you're going to spend all this money, get your hopes up, probably piss your mom off, and then you'll get there and it wont be the same. the reasons that you are staying tied to the region may not be there anymore. im more worried about that than anything. xoxo.

Celia said...

I've thought about the possibility of being let down. However, I do know it won't be what I left. I only plan on spending a few days in Nottingham itself and most of my time will be up north with Lily's family. Also, I think this wil give me the opportunity to say goodbye to some people and do some things I didn't get to do because I left early and I'll feel more settled about leaving for so long.
Plus, I think being faced with a reality of what it's like will help make me think more realistically about it when I do miss it.

bedshaped said...

Follow your heart and your gut instinct.
How can that be wrong?