Thursday, March 09, 2006

Appreciation

Today I went out for dinner with a bunch of friends. Before that though Midge and I talked deeply about things while she was tattoo'd. At the end of dinner I apologized for not being dressed up - I was in my yoga pants with no make-up and my hair unbrushed. After dinner we went for gelato.

As we left everyone started walking off but I was to walk alone in the other direction. So then they came back and I hugged Midge and we said a few parting words about having more talks. I mumbled something about how I was a bit crazy and then she stopped everyone. She insisted we have an appreciation moment for me.

Here's why I was appreciated:

Midge: because she is strong.
Eastern: becasue she is an image of beauty and health to look up to.
IceHockey: becasue she introduced me to new music.
Blondie: becasue she let me stay with her in Nottingham.
eastern's housemate: because she introduced me to a new sexual term.
Stevie: becasue she is happy and so much fun when I see her.

I felt silly but it did make me feel appreciated. Wednesday is the day to make a move with THe Knitter. While buying self-help books even.

1 comment:

Celia said...

back at you darling. We're already planning things for when you're here.