Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back with newness

I have a new monitor now. It's not made by apple and doesn't match the CPU case anymore but I should learn to be less of a snob when it comes to these sorts of things. Plus, I'm just glad that I have my darling computer back and finding out the old monitor would no longer work didn't send me into tears.

Two major things are happening right now. The first is simple; I am out of money and must find more work. I know I want something interesting and part time that pays at least $10.00 per hour. We'll see how that goes.

The second thing is more complicated. It is the boy from the bookstore - we'll call him The knitter because, well, he knits. I did tell him about the show last friday but I didn't see him there. I told him the day of and we left early so I wasn't disappointed.

Hmm, I have to go backwards in time a bit to fully explain what's going on. About two weeks ago I went in and pre-ordered a book (about crocheting) they didn't have in stock yet. He mentioned he wanted it too but had to wait until they had it in stock to get a discount. So them on Friday when I was in he said he was thinking about me (yay!) and if I had got the book yet. He told me that when I did to bring it upstairs to the floor he works on so he could look through it.

The book came in on a day he wasn't there so yesterday Chatton and I went it to see if he was there. We ended up talking for over half an hour and had much fun. I found out more about him (not really into music, likes reading, yoga, from the prairies) and gave him my email. I was smiling all day really. It was fun. Chatton kept telling people I was a flirting superstar.

Today I went in and went to the grief book section and saw him. We talked more and I found out he likes art a lot and we talked abit about the gallery I volunteer at and stuff like that. I'm seriously thinking of seeing if he wants to go the the contemporary art gallery one day soon before the exhibits rotate.

I do have some hesitations. He's not into music. He asked Chattons name today and that makes me insecure because boys always like her. A girl he works with (from England and really nice) asked if we were his friends or he was just shamelessly flirting and it worries me that maybe he doesn that with tons of people. Also a girl in another section came over and talked to him about he leaving and when she was next in and stuff. I know that could be legitimate work stuff but it could not be.

Otherwise, I like what I know so far and would like to know more. I would like to get some serious reassurance that he's interested too though. I mean I go in there every week at least once and I always talk to him so I think I'm pretty obvious. Hopefully hell email me as we talked about for the craft group. All in time I hope.

No comments: