Saturday, August 06, 2005

Licenses

I'm having a bit of a lack of interest in academics today. I don't know if it's just because I'm not doing it but it feels less powerful than it did just one month ago.

Basically Chatton and I have decided to start a ligitimate business based on the tiny things we started last year. 3 of the 4 four major steps are simple enough, but getting a license with the city is proving difficult to a point where I'm unsure of if this can happen. And somehow that makes me want to just seriously start the business, get a loan, get some retail space with a studio and such and just go from there.

I don't know where that would put school or England. And I know Chatton isn't in a position to do that. I guess I kind of feel like I can do anything and maybe being an academic isn't right despite it being interesting. I guess I'm not seriously considering it, but it seems more interesting right now.

I'm not looking forward to school that much. I know a business would be work but it's a different kind of work. Maybe I'm just restless and unsure of everything. I really don't know. I always go through phases of second guessing the idea of becoming an academic. However, I do love it and know that starting a business isn't any more secure really.

I just want to feel like I'm doing something but I'm not sure what something I want to be doing and should be doing. THis evening however I should clean, sort and start dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best of luck with your craftiness! if you get business cards made up i will gladly pass them to everyone i know and tell them to order! order! order! i've had very positive responses to them.
-blondie