Sunday, August 28, 2005

Slow Dancing

Last night went ok. Titania and I looked awesome and were excited to be out. Yaletown breweries provided us with a bottle of wine and some food (spinach with garlic and parmesan). Then the people we went to meet headed to the royal but Titania did not want to go there so we took off the the arch.

There we ran into a darling friend of ours (Farmer) I haven't had a chance to spend much time with since I've been back. We drank more and danced. We were happy because at first a lot of what they were playing music wise was what we listen to at home. Farmer was actually in one of the Karaoke rooms becasue it was his friends birthday. It turns out we had met her at Midge's house because they all used to work together.

So Titania and I sung a bit and danced more. But then the music was getting worse. The dj's were doing wierd things like playing the chourses of really good songs and then playing crap. So I guess I got frustrated and was comparing everything to England. Then it just kind of snowballed. I cried and wanted to book a flight and just got sad. I gathered myself after a glass of water and we came home. Once home we sat and had some pie and water to sober up a bit.

So there is it. This is all really hard sometimes. One thing like not playing modest mouse straight through in favour of crap just brings everything else in. I met a bunch of people this morning for coffee and crafting talk. I felt like crap and have just been hanging out at home all this afternoon. I have to go to work for the next three days but school starts next week. Nervous but excited.

No comments: