Saturday, September 24, 2005

England

Well it's strange how when I am in a place where I should be having the best time and I'm thinking of England. It's not that I'm not having fun but the place never strays from my mind. I probably need a dose of reality or something as my life currently seems to contain hardly any of it.

Last nights dream was me reaturning to Nottingham and having nowhere to live and I only brought one tiny bag. No clothes, toothbrush, nothing. It was like I just picked up and left. Lily was driving me around to get some dinner and then the next day I'd go buy new stuff, find a flat and start moving all my things over.

Some backstory on Midge and the boy who I met on Tuesday (no name yet as it's possible I won't ever see him again). Basically he was in Japan when she was and she developed a crush on him. They knew each other already because they both grew up in the small nothern BC town. But he ended up not reciprocating the feelings so her crush went away. However at dinner it turns out he kissed her on the neck (weird in itself) and said they should go on a date with some of his japanese friends. So she thinks he may now like her which does make sense according to that behaviour. She isn't interested but it's the not-stuff that makes me not want to be.

On tattoo stuff, I am going to stick with my artist but I am going to go by the studio today and change the size of the font. Right now the plan is to have it go the width of my back but that's way bigger than I think I actually want it. I'd rather less font and more decoration.

What else is going down? Oh, tonight is another show that will be completely different than last nights but super good. Tomorrow I've got to do some school work and reading as well as cleaning because people are coming over for dinner and a mini-dance party. If last night taught me anything it's that Vancouver may have this super laid back image but man do they suck as an audience who really gets into the music. I mean 60% of the audience wasn't even like boppoing their bloody heads to the music. So weird.

1 comment:

Celia said...

There are big oaks if you go into the forest north of the city. The city itself is small, pedestrian friendly, full off students, has good shops and lots of pubs and bars. I really did love it, as I did much of England.