Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Charming Man

Well another Thursday walk home with classclown and a quick trip to Sainsbury's. Fun as always. As he reveals stuff to me he seems more sincere, but then he'll say something that really doesn't impress me. He flirted with Flower (the new name for the check-out girl at Sainsbury's - when she's there we go to her till even when there's a queue) and she responded and it's funny to see. He's honest with me, which is quite nice. He makes fun of how I say things but very jokingly and physical contact is casual and comfortable.

But, I feel like it's over and we're friends and it's just another boy who doesn't like me. I mean I never had real hopes for anything but still.

Can guys out there answer me this: Why do you tell friends who are girls your experiences with other girls complete with explanations of how fit (hot) they are? I mean is it a clear "I'm not interested in you" type thing? Is it something you just don't think about and not mentioning how fit she is just wouldn't occur to you because it's integral to the story? I'm not being critical but just wondering. I've never noticed it before but I have two male friends here who do it a lot and it strikes me.

Anyways, I made myself look a bit like a dork because he asked if I had plans tonight and I said "of course not" And then I felt like a huge loser. He laughed and I said that's overexagerating and was just trying to save money because I'm pretty broke. And I do have plans this weekend and went to two films this week. It's just low key and how I am. I would go out if there were things to do and I have a bit more money.

Oh, Lily just said theres some people going to the campus bar tonight so I'm going to go with them. Yay! I think I need that a lot. I think I just need to feel social and like I have friends. I know both is true I just need some hard evidence of it. ok, well I'm meeting them in an hour so I've got to go eat something I think drinking is high on the list of priorities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When a guy points out the fact that another female is fit you should respond with "What I'm not fit?" He wants to tell you that you are, but it's easier when you ask. I know you are probably not the one to seek out a compliment, but boys are immature. Good luck, you are so very interesting, and I enjoy reading your thoughts. You make me chuckle as well.

Delgar said...

Always remember one thing when your wondering why guys do the things they do.

A majority of men make decisions based solely by using their head, and I'm not talking about the one that is attached at the neck.

It's not just boys, it's all men. We can deny it all we want, but most of us are just walking bags of hormones.

Plus you must remember that men are VERY visual creatures, we see an atractive woman we look, we see a naked women we look. We remember physical qualities about people. It's not that we don't remember other qualities, it's just that the physical ones stand out on the forefront of our minds.

Celia said...

delgar, I have no issue with them noticing the woman is hot (even I do that) but I'm confused by WHY they tell me.