Friday, July 01, 2005

Being a dancer

I bought new pants to lay around the house in and they make me feel like I should be doing pilates or ballet warm ups or something. It's a good feeling though. Comfortable, stong and relaxed all at the same time, motivated in some way too.

I just went to hook up a scanner to the computer and found out it's too old to work with the mac so no luck there. I guess I'll let my sister have it becasue her computer is old enough that it'll work for her.

I feel sexy and secure today. I kind of straightened my hair before going out, only had a tiny bit of makeup on but simple comfortable clothes. I'm still feeling a little down though and think I'm going to not go into work next week either (I should email Olive and tell her) but I'll get some work done from home so I'm not stalling the project Im supposed to be working on.

I also went into Virgin today but stayed upstairs and away from the section were C works and instead just to where the girl I know works. We chatted a bit about music (juliette and the licks and the Earlies especially) and then I asked about C. Turns out she's actually good friends with him and he's really nice and cool and fun. However, and it's a big however, he's a stoner. Now I'm not against pot in general but if you're friends call you a "stoner" I just don't know how interested I am in you anymore. Kind of sucks but we'll see.

(a song that we played at my Dad's funeral just came on - I'll Be Here In The Morning by Townes Van Zandt)

In other news I was just inspired to check my site stats. Basically something was screwed up with my uk connection or something and I hadn't been able to get onto the site in a long time but today it works. I've added a tiny counter that displays unique visitors to the site based on a cookie that lasts one hour.

I also stopped by a shop that one fo my good friends works in when Titania were downtown doing stuuf today. It was so good to see him and we said we'd make plans to go out soon. It was great. He'll get a name soon but not today.

Titania and I were going to go out tonight to see a show with some great local bands (ie Young and Sexy - also check out their label MINT which has a bunch of great bands) but we're feeling broke and these bands are around frequently enough. So instead she's going to see the boy and I am staying in to relax and craft. Maybe I'll do some ballet warm ups even. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you saw my platonic shadow? so jealous. his name shall be thought of soon. xoxo midge.