Thursday, July 14, 2005

Death

I had a hard time on my way to work this morning because they reality of going to the Festival this weekend (the beloved Folk Fest) without my dad hit me. I alwasy go with him and this year I can't. Just Tara and I. It's crappy. I have to go there tonight to meet with the committee I volunteer on and usually my Dad would also be having a meeting so we'd bus back into our end of the city together. But not today. Today I go alone and return alone. Total crap.

Also, to make the world more uplifting, I arrived at work today around 10:30. Some background becasue I will no doubt be blogging about it. I work in an office and we make medical devices and there is a lab. I think our company has a total of 11 people. It's tiny. So there's my bosses Heavy and Keavy (of HK Inc). Heavy works from home and apparently only comes in about once a month now. But he does payroll and is the main one in charge of the project I'm doing. Keavy is currently on holidays but works in the office whenever he's not out seeing clients in the city or elsewhere in North America.

Then there's the lab manager who is also Keavy's younger brother. He is hilarious and so nice but has the crappiest work ethic ever. He's laid back and procrastinates and it drives me crazy when I'm trying to put policies into the labs day-to-day activities. We'll call him Delinquent becasue I call him that alot.

There's also Olive of course who is away this week and next. She is Heavy's neice. The two other women that work with us in the office are Sandals who's in her late 40's and is really nice, a hard worker and other good stuff, and Regina, a woman in her late 30's who is very catholic but so sweet and naive. The people in the office make me love this job when the lab and management are totally on my nerves.

So anyways, I came in and only Sandlas was here. I thought Regina might be in the lab becasue her sister-in-law works there but then I found out she left this morning shortly after arriving because her brother died this morning. I don't knwo what has happened yet but it's awful.

But it's a nice day out (expecting to hit 32 c over the weekend) and I have a weekend coming up that is usually my best weekend of the entire year and I want it to continue to be that. So here's a big FUCK YOU to death. I don't like you and you make me sad and angry when I don't want to be. You suck asshole!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

give death the finger honey!
-blondie