Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Cut-off point

Well today I re-confirmed the fact that I have a serious problem with shopping. Breakfast out for Chattons birthday turned into a shopping trip. Shoes, purse, skirt, hoodie (and yes, shoes is plural on purpose) and more. Everything I bought was under 20.00 each so I was at least buying things that were at good prices.

I'm just at home now. I'm cooking for dinner but have everything I can do started (little dishes of chopped garlic on the counter even) but I need Titainia to come home with the rest of the ingredients. Then we'll cook and eat (I'm so hungry) and probably watch TV or films. It's wednesday so that means I have good trash to watch.

In sad news a friend I know through Miranda is really sick. I haven't seen him in years but he's super sweet and we were good friends at one point. He endured trivial persuit with me even. But he's in the hospital with pneumonia and the doctors have basically said that he's not likely to get better and people need to say their goodbyes.

I was in a vintage shop when I got off the phone with Miranda and went into this rant based on her comment that people in their 20's shouldn't die. Mine went on about how no one under 80 should die, ever. I was speaking out loud to Chatton and the universe. I wanted the universe to know that people dying in their twenties and in their fifties is totally not ok. It's wrong and just not how the world should be.

But then I guess tons of things that happen are not how I believe the world should be. An as I'm typing this a song that played at my Dad's funeral started. It's So Long, Marianne by Leonard Cohen. I'm exchanging CD's with someone and the songs to be included are your choice based on your own answers to a bunch of questions. Like on of the questions is your favorite Holiday song and I am using Wham!'s Last Christmas.

Anyways, I chose this song for the song to be played at my funeral. It's kind of upbeat but still perfect. We chose it as part of my dad's service because we knew we wantd to include a Leonard song but not sure which was. Then I was going through my Dad's binder of guitar tabs and found this song and the lyrics are great.

Now so long, Marianne, it's time that we began to laugh and cry and cry and laugh about it all again...

Ok, sad over the next song on the list is the song I'd want to play at my wedding. Now I have issues with the concept of marriage and don't really get it. I won't be getting married unless it gives me something else like tax breaks, child benefits or dul citizenship or something like that. That all sounds awful - I believe in monogamy and making a commitment I just don't se why I should need a government to rubber stamp it for it to mean more.

Distracted again, my point was that I won't have a wedding but I'll have a big party at some point and if it's to celebrate love the song that I will be sure to include is You're the Storm b The Cardigans. I makes me feel loved just hearing it. The party will also be well decorated and have amazing food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want US citizenship just let me know, I'll marry you. I agree nobody that young should die, unfortunately tragedy strikes a million times a day all over the sick, sad world. Blog on.