Wednesday, January 12, 2005

All dressed up

I am putting on make-up as I write this. I wear make-up maybe once a week, and that's only if something is going on. It's very much a treat for me. Like a long bath, or getting my hair cut. The occasion tonight is a film. Hardly an occasion really, I just feel like wearing make-up.

As predicted I feel much better than the other day. The film tonight is with my Canadian friend...let's call her, Victoria. She'll come up a lot. Our next exam is the same and on friday, and she has a voucher for the cinema so off we go. It'll be a nice break.

I was hoping to talk to the guy who doesn't drink (umm. we'll call him Elliot) today at our exam but I didn't. There were lots of people waiting to go into the room for the exam because several modules writing at the same time and he was talking with some people far away from the group I was waiting with. Then afterwards, I did so miserably on the exam I just wanted out of the room. Later I was in the bank and I saw him outside talking to someone, but by the time I was done, he was gone. So there that is. No invite to the party unless I run into him by chance, and that hasn't happened once this year. Well he said he saw me once in town , but that I looked occupied in a conversation with someone so he didn't want to bug me. I could look up his email on the student directory because I know his name and major, but I think that would be kind of creepy if I actually emailed him. Wouldn't it? I mean half of me would love to have someone say it's not creepy, but I don't know if I'd do it anyway. I still have a lecture with him next term so I don't want to embarrass myself, and he's one of the people I actually talk to a bunch in the class.

On that topic, I have gotten 2 friendster messages this week from people I don't know asking me for my email address so they can be my friend. Both have been weird and formal like "can I have your permission" and "would it please you to be". Just very strange. If you're on friendster, don't do that to people.

Last thing for today. I was at the library returning a book after my exam and ran into Paul (another guy I know from lectures) and it seemed we had both turned down the invites to the bar after the exam for whatever reason. But him and some friends that I don't know are doing a campus pub crawl (14 of them and you have a double at each) next friday and he invited me to go with them. So we exchanged emails. I'm not sure if I'll go but we'll see. I want to go dancing that Saturday and drinking two nights in a row is expensive and I'm a bit low on cash until February. And there's a concert the week after I want to go to. We'll see. So many things to do.

No comments: