Monday, January 10, 2005

Decisions

Is it wrong to abandon revising because it's just too hard in favour of a bath and some self-lovin'? I hope not.

I have been seeing this guy around my block recently who I have never noticed before. Last night I abandoned revising in favour of pints with a few friends as a sort of belated birthday treat even though I had an exam today. After a few drinks, we went back to their flat for snacks and to watch films. There I met the mystery guy because he lives there, but he also has a girlfriend. He was nice though so will be good to party with.

I've been thinking a bit more about the guy who doesn't drink and I've decided that I'm interested about why he has made that choice but I am not going to try to get him to drink. I was thinking how I'd feel and I would not like it. I was the last one of my group of friends growing up to drink and was glad I wasn't pressured by them and felt I could decide to whenever I wanted. Most of them also got into drugs and I never did, but I was never made to feel bad about it. If we talk when I see him for our exam, I might mention a party some friends are having at the end of exams and see if he wants to come hang out anyways. A girl can never have too many friends, even if they are young, shy and alcohol-free. And I'll still make sure he gets home safe because that's just what I do.

That's all there is today. Exams have drained most of my mental energy but as soon as Wednesday afternoon comes and the painful one is over I will be much more relaxed. I may even try to convince a few people to go drinking this weekend.

No comments: