Monday, January 24, 2005

Rhythms

So today I actually got some work done, which is pretty impressive. I have been silly unproductive in the last week. Something though, feels off. I think it's just the world getting me down a bit. Plans getting cancelled, changed or put on hold. So you feel like you're just waiting for whatever's next to come along, but not really active in it. I'm all weird about going to Birmingham now. The person who was going with me probably isn't now and it makes me not want to go. I guess it's just what happends when you don't really have anything to do, and the people around you do.

Right now I have no lectures and no job.
Victoria has her football team, a job and other friends.
The downstairs boys have each other and lectures.
Lily has her scotsman and lectures.

And that's my list. It's weird how one day you feel like you have all this stuff going on and a few days later it feels like you have nothing. And when there is something, everyone's too busy. Whether it be a film, dancing, Birmingham, whatever. It's something. Six months ago, before I moved here, I was the busy one. I went weeks without seeing my best friends because there was just too much going on. I love that I don't have a job here; it's the first time I haven't worked and gone to school since I was 14. I love it here in general. There are other friends, people I've met at parties, or lectures, but it's different.

I think there's just only so long you can oversleep and be self-indulgent before you just get bored and lonely. Tomorrow I have to go on to campus, but the stuff I have to do will take two hours, max. It's a sad thing when you'd rather be in lectures. I could go into the city and use the credit card a bit, but it's not really a very good idea. Especially because that's what I want to do in Birmingham. Maybe being on campus will pick me up a bit and I'm going to a film in the evening with Victoria and her flatmates. It should get better.

1 comment:

bedshaped said...

Sounds to me like you need to get into the swing of some serious, hardcore Richard and Judy!