Thursday, January 27, 2005

But it's not Sunday

Today consisted of sleeping in, cleaning, laundry, a real breakfast, a manicure and some conversations with friends. My nails are short, shiny and bright pink. My hands are wonderfully soft. Last night, unfortunately, we ended up not staying at the quiz because we got there late and it was too crowded. We watched Dazed and Confused, which made me feel like I was twelve years old and skipping school in my friends basement. We also watched the end half of Kill Bill, vol.1, because we had all seen the film and just wanted to watch that part. It reminded me of Chistmas day in a roundabout and not a as-creepy-as-it-sounds kind of way.

This morning I went to the downstairs boys flat to get some cooking stuff I had lent them. They were just reading the paper and hanging out. I invited them both to a show next week, but I'm not sure if even I'm going to go. My concern with the one guys has minimized considerably, which is good. I'm excited to return to lectures on Monday and meet a new group of people. There will be many of the same people because all my lectures are in the same department, but new ones too. Also the indie film society is meeting for the first time since December on Sunday so it'll be nice to see who shows up. There's a few of us who are always there and then some people you only see once.

This morning I woke up to an email from a friend asking me how much time was left until I go home. Basically I'm only living in England for the year before going back to where I'm from and finishing my degree. I still have over 6 months left, but there is so much I haven't seen and done yet. Even in this city - It's not small, but smaller than what I'm used to. I am going to stay in the UK for my spring break and see some things them, but there's just so much. And it's not even seeing cities or places, but things I want to experience while I'm here. I don't have specific things in a list or anything, I guess I just feel that there's so much to do and I have to take advantage of my time here, whatever that ends up meaning. However, I have done so much these last few months that I could never have imagined as part of my story, so it's really cool. And there's so much I'm going to miss when I have to go home.

That's enough fo that though, I'm supposed to me working more on living in the moment so enough of thinking about what's going to happen in 6 months because those 6 months have tons of potential, some of it is already starting to be used. I guess I feel a bit renewed and like there's lots of good stuff ahead of me. I couldn't ask for much more really. Well I could, but not right now. Maybe later I will do a list of things I want before I leave. Or just things I want to do this year in general, wherever I'm living.

No comments: