Tuesday, January 18, 2005

to be touched

I was just lying on my bed trying to get the energy together to go to Sainsbury's for some groceries. There was good music in the back ground and only fairy lights illuminate the room. Tonight I feel far away from the world.

I miss being touched lovingly. In all honestly, I can handle the lack of orgasms induced by another person. It would be nicer to have some but it's not like I'm constantly sexually frustrated. This feeling is not about sex. I want someone to hug, or who will rest their hand on my thigh. To feel someone breathing on your neck while you lie in bed, and feel their breathing slow and deepen and they get more and more relaxed. Sometimes it's that I miss most.

That phsycical intimacy is not replaceable. You can't give it to yourself. You're friends can't give it. A one night stand can't give it. It's got to be someone you like and enjoy spending time with and who makes you feel as relaxed as you do in the bath just because their skin on yours is warm and soft.

There's this one guy that has been in and out of my life for years. I am not physically attracted to him, and there are so many parts of his personality I really dislike. We never dated, or even kissed. Through much of our friendship he was dating someone else. But in these times, I think of him and a night where he came to my flat. We watched a film that we mostly talked through. He didn't leave till 8:00 am. Most of that night was me with my head resting in his lap and his hand rubbing my stomach. I drifted to sleep occasionally. We talked a bit. He touched my hair. That feeling of closeness is what I miss. That tenderness and that contentment.

2 comments:

bedshaped said...

Written and worded so very well.
This is exactly what many people don't understand or forget when they are actually in a relationship.

Any chance you can pick me up some milk, I forgot to get some when I was in Tesco earlier because my browsing and shopping was cut short.

Celia said...

Thanks. I think it's something everyone forgets once in a while and it sucks to remember it when you have no source. le sigh.

I got home, found this in my email and guess what I forgot to buy? ya, milk. That and bread are just so easy to forget despite being so simple.