Monday, January 03, 2005

Feeling The Stress

Quote: 4 years is a long time. Are you sure you'll remember enough about sex to write on it?

I know this was in jest, but it's something that I have considered before. I once wrote in another forum that, to paraphrase myself, I had times where I felt sorry for my next lover because I'd be so awful. I meant that humourously, but in the back of my mind, well you know.

With all that said, here's the thing, I have had sex in the last 4 years, a lot in fact, it just hasn't really involved anyone other than myself. That's not in jest either, I think it's very easy to be sexual without the involvement of penis-vagina-thrusting. Oh, please don't assume there's no thrusting involved in my sex life either, or penis-like items for that matter. Some people might have a problem with this but consider if lesbians have sex for a moment. I mean usually no real penis involved but I know many very sexually satisfied lesbians. So to me it's all about definitions and how you relate to your body and activies.

The other element for me is that while I may not have had intercourse (ouch, I must find a better word) in a while, before that I had lots of it. I'm not going to go into it now but maybe later. Or maybe not. Also, maybe in the same vein of thinking, before ever having actual sex, I was doing a lot of other things and I was certainly one of the more sexual people I knew at that time. I was very sexually satisfied as was the other person I was not having sex with.

Maybe part of this is dispelling the myth that you're not sexual if you're not actively having sex. Because I do believe that it a myth. I know people who have sex a lot who aren't very sexual at all. In a way it's more about thought process and lifestyle than just that whole element of thrusting.

Although, all that aside, I do hope that I will be having actual sex with someone in the future (near, I hope) and I know that most of the reason I haven't for so long is myself. But that is several other posts for several other days. Until then I have a drawer that will help to keep my sexual muscles working and happy until then. Oh, that's also another post for another day.

No comments: