Friday, January 21, 2005

Two for the price of one

Insecurity: So we had fun, the three of us last night. But today, I fear that I said too much, or said the wrong thing. And don't know what but the concern is there. We were talking about how we present ourselves and stuff. I was trying to explain how, even though I'm always myself, I am differnt parts of myslef with differnt people or at different times. Today I'm caught up in that. I really don't change my behaviour, but I certainly conceal certain aspects of my life and personality. I also don't think that it's bad at all. Some people will get more after a while, but it's slow usually, unless alcohol is involved. Then I can say anything whether I mean it or not. But still until I hear from the downstairs boys again I will have this doubt that they don't like me anymore and I'm not sure how to get rid of that.

Confusion: Another blog post by Bedshaped mentioned how girls need to make themselves more obvious when they are interested in a guy and talking to him. Well guys need to do the exact same thing. We all need to do it. I have discovered it is a very fine and pale line separating someone being nice and someone flirting. And while I discovered it in theory, I can never see it. Sometimes I'll see firting where it's not occuring, and other times I'll not see it where it's apparently blatant. And part of this I think is if you do put yourself out there, that makes you vulnerable and open to rejection, which always sucks at least a little bit. I know the only answer is to take chances but that's a big step and I'm not always sure I'm ready to take it.

1 comment:

No BS said...

I am a guy, and I agree! I can't always tell if it's a flirt or just a friendly gesture. I'm not good at the game. I practically need to be hit over the head to tell...