Thursday, January 20, 2005

Modest Mouse

"But it's hard to be a human being/ It's as hard as anything else" -Baby Blue Sedan by Modest Mouse

The downstairs guys saw me as they were leaving and asked why I wasn't going out, so I explained quickly. Then they invited me to go with them but I wearing pajamas and said no. They glanced at eachother. They asked if I'd be up at 2 and I said most likely so they said they'd see me then.

And I know it's sincere but now I need to cry and there's so many other things you don't know. That I've come so far.

Then, suddenly I'm proofreading and "I've had the Time of My Life" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack is iTunes' next random choice and I laugh and smile and there's tears and I'm this big mess that just doesn't know what to do because I know this truth that I am incredibly happy despite the evening. And that little thing is all that I needed to remember.

This was going to be this miserable, pathetic, self-pitying post, and it's so not. The first quote still applies though.
I hope everyone out there is having a good day/night/morning.

No comments: