Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Late Night Games

One of the things I am known for by my friends is loving games. I really like them. Like board games and drinking games and cards. All that kind of thing. I am currently in my bed and have iTunes on. It's the only music playing thing in my room and I love it. Back home I have tons of CD's and couldn't bring them all with me. Instead I burned everything onto my laptop. Since then I have acquired music from various friends and the lovely CD library my campus has. Currently my song library has 1994 songs. I almost always have it on shuffle.

I will type out the first lines of the first 10 songs that come on. I want you guys to guess what songs they are. There's no prize, but if anyone wants a particular prize from me and guesses one right, I'll consider it. Certainly no promises though. As people guess right I will edit the post to show the answers. Let the games begin with the next song. (Right now is "Love me Tender" by Elvis.)

1. One man come in the name of love, one man come and go....

2. I wish I had a Sylvia Plath, busted tooth and a smile...

3. Snow can wait, I forgot my mittens...

4. Ice age, heat wave, can't complain, If the world's at large why should I remain?

5. As far as you take me, that's where I believe...

6. In the quickness of our haste it seems we forget how to live...

7. When it's on the one you know the funk's begun...

8. I register operational. In the land of the gauching skiving sun...

9. I'm on my time with everyone, I have very bad posture...

10. Two jumps in a week. I bet you think that's pretty clever, don't you boy?

I think some of these are pretty easy, they even have the song title in the lines, but then it's my song collection...(I should also note I did skip a few songs because they were by artists so few people would know.)

4 comments:

bedshaped said...

I'd like to have a stab at these, if I may.

1)That would be U2 singing 'pride (in the name of love)

2)That's Ryan Adams singins 'Sylvia Plath'

3)That's Tori singing 'Winter'

4)Modest Mouse doing 'the world at large'

5)hmmmm.dunno. Sounds familiar tho'

6)Is No Doubt from the labum Tragic Kingdom, but I cant remember the song title. I could look at the track listing but I can't be arsed.

7)Shit, dunno this one either.

8)The Libertines singing 'Tomblands'..may they rest in peace

9)Nirvana - 'Pennyroyal tea'..God rest his soul.

10)Radiohead singing 'high and dry'

What do I win? What do I win????

Celia said...

I am throughly impressed.
However, you didn't know two of them so I don't think you win anything...I'll think about it.

bedshaped said...

shit, ok

Celia said...

Now I feel like I should give you a prize, but I didn't have one in mind to begin with. crap on me for not planning properly. Usually at the end of my games everyone is too tired or drunk to care about prizes.