Tuesday, February 08, 2005

remembering home

Elliot: He interestes me because he is what I don't want in someone I want to date. He was staring at my breasts today. Oh, but that is totally not why I don't want to date him (drinking issues, aawkwardness and nail-biting) because anyone that dates me must love my tits and stare at them adoringly whenever they please but not when I'm talking to them (there are excpetions to this, of course).

Early Grey Tea and Couscous: Both crazy fucking good. Not together.

Blogger: I did an update from school the other day and they are PC's using Explorer and the post creating window had a bunch more options than I get here at home where I'm on a MAC using Safari.

Music: Today iTunes is selecting a repetoire of songs that remind me of home. Not in a sad or longing way, but just making sure I know how great it is there, which is very helpful. If you know of Veda Hille I might just love you.

That home: I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I grew up there and I will be moving back in July. I love that city more than I love myself some days, but I am not really looking forward to going back. That's only because it means I am really far away from Europe and the UK.

This home:I may dislike most of my flatmates (although today has been particularly good) but I love it here. Here as in campus. Here as in town. Here as in city. Here are in Country. Even here as in continent. I will be back here to do my MA no matter how much debt I get into to do it.

Thursday: Finally have gotten a night of friends and drinking planned. We are going to see two bands called Scanners and Kickbox Chamion at one of my favorite bars here. I have lectures at 1:00 the next afternoon so that shouldn't be a problem and wine is only 1.50 a glass (tastes good too - especially compared to the crap house wine at the cinema that costs 3.50), as are house spirits and mixer.

Fucker: I just dropped a spoon of couscous down my shirt.

Joy: I feel good today. My sleeping might be back on track. I'm getting tons of reading done. I have plans to go dancing. Music is good. Conversation is good.

Signals: Today I was walking to campus and was craving something. So I think about what. Crisps? Pizza? Nope. I wasn't hungry, I want a new sweater. I don't know how my brain got shopping and food signals confused, but it's kind of scary. The list so far is: Bras, trainers, sweater and thongs.

Resistance: I want a hair cut and I have to do all I can to not pick up the scissors and try to cut the back myself.

Eye contact: There's a fine line between staring on eye contact. I don't know where it is at most times so I tend not to make eye contact. I have to break that habit. Also if you're making eye contact with someone it means you're watching them watching you and that kind of freaks me out.

Links: I updated and re-ordered them.

3 comments:

Delgar said...

Ah a native Canadian, displaced!

Although, you're probably in much more than a culture shock than I. New Jersey is definately different than Canada!

Celia said...

Displaced I am. Misplaced I am not.
I think Canada has many similarities and differences to both the UK and the US, but what they are vary quite a bit. It's shocking either way.

And thanks for introducing yourself - it's always nice to know people are reading. I've now read you as well and will continue to. I may even comment.

Delgar said...

Well feel free to comment, I can take the critism!

I just randomly popped by your blog a few weeks ago, and have been checking it almost daily. I can't quite put my finger on why I'm reading (ok female masturbation helps a lot I'm sure), but I keep coming back for more!