Saturday, February 05, 2005

Making Decisions

Well last night was long. My arm/burn hurt like crazy all night and I ended up calling NHS direct and the nurse I spoke to said I should go to the hospital becasue it sounded like it might be a second degree burn and that means theres risk of infection and heavy scarring. I didn't go though. The hospital isn't too far from me, but it was 2 in the morning and I would have had to go on my own which I wasn't interested in. I was going to go today, but it's feeling better. Instead I'm going to go into the city and and buy myself something special at M&S probably. On Monday I'll make an appointment with my doctor to make sure it's ok.

I kind of feel like I should go to the hospital, but I really don't want to because it doesn't seem like an emergency and I don't want to go alone. I pass it on my way into the city, so I could change my mind. I won't though. I'm more scared to embarrass myself by going to emergency when it's not warranted than I'm worried that infection is going to setin over the weekend. If I notice any signs of infection though, I will go to the hospital.

Ok, time for a shower and a bit of shopping.

No comments: