Saturday, May 28, 2005

5 more days

Well I have started to sort things for packing, I have a formal list of things to do with varying levels of importance, I have thrown a lot of stuff away and have a big pile of things Lily can adopt. I'm going to go into town tomorrow and hope M&S and Wilkinsons are both open even though it's Sunday and a bank holidat weekend.

I'm feeling ok but want to go out and do things with people in the next few days. I did go for Lunch today with Victoria and a few others which was good but I am still feeling a bit alone. I know Lily and I are shopping and packing and stuff on Tuesday but I have a few more people I'd like to see than just her. I'm thinking of doing a wagamamas dinner on Wednesday maybe followed by drinks at the fav place. Something small but happy.

I've had several fake conversations with classclown today and just kind of feeling like another chance passed me by. Although, that's assuming he was interested. I mean being sweet and being interested are differnt things. But then. none of it matters as I will not see him again. We'll probably chat once I'm home but this as the result is very anti-climatic. Well I really wasn't expecting anything other than that, but some hopw was lingering.

I'm going to go back to reading transcripts as a means of exhausting myself. I'm not wanting to keep taking sleeping pills so I'm just staying up until I can't anymore and then waking up around 9:00. That way I am getting sleep but am tired so that it's easier to get to sleep. Not a great system but it'll do for now.

One thing that's got me a bit worried tonight is that I have started making a list of everything I have bought here that's not a gift because I need to declare them at customs when entering Canada. I have a max of $750.00 canadian that they will not charge me duty on. SO far I've listed everything but clothes, purses and a few odds and ends but my total is already over $1000.00. I'm sure the final numbers will be closer to 750.00 pounds! So the challenge is to decide what I can not declare so I don't have to pay extra taxes. I mean it's silly because I paid takes in the UK on everything and I've been here a whole year.

I'm hoping to buy my other suitcase tomorrow so you might get some irritation and swearing because I can't fit half my stuff in all the luggage I have.

Oh, does anyone know if charter flights (air transat) serves food? There's nothing about it in my booking info and if not I need to bring some as the flight's 8 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey love, the 750cdn includes gifts. or thats what i think. hmm. xoxo midge.