Monday, May 16, 2005

Common Names

I'm a dork.

So bedshaped keeps mentioning an artist by the name of James. It's been a while now. He put a smaple track up and I listened and it was good. So I look at the CD library list and they've got albums. Today I grab one and they are considerably less recent than I was expected. Oh well I say. I open the case once I'm home and it's several people where I'm only expecting one person. I'm suspicious. I put the CD in and start listening and it's quite different than what I had heard. SO I go check through the arhives and my suspicions are right.

I have the wrong person!!!

Bedshaped has been referring to James Blunt by his first name only. Jame shappens to be the name of a UK band that has an album with the same title as the one sing I did hear. All very weird. But I do not blame Bedshaped at all of course. If anything I listened to something I never would have heard. Also I constantly refer to preformers I love by first names only (ie, Martha {Wainwright}) so I understand.

The only downside really is that the CD library doesn't have the James that was recommended. It's going on my list of music to track down when I get back in Canada.

1 comment:

bedshaped said...

Oops.
A common practice by me, sorry.