Saturday, May 14, 2005

Life and Cherries

I put a acorn squash in the oven to bake with olive oil, ginger and salt and pepper. I am very excited to eat it. I don't eat squash too often but I really like it. I might make a bit of veggie couscous to go with it. The suash needs at least another half hour though.

As expected I felt better after going into the city. I got almost everything I needed and the thing I couln't find I ordered online. I also avoided H&M, M&S and looking for things formyself at two really cheap shops even when I saw stuff that were cheap and cute. I'm almost proud of my restraint.

I also spoke to my dad and he said he was going to try to get some money for me. I think I'm going to make a really detailed list of all the money I'll need from here on in. No more craft stuff because I have enough to do projects to last me through June. If I need ifnishing accessories like buttons or something that's ok though. Also a very limited amount of clothes. I mean I have to allow some because it keeps me happy but when I go home I won't have an H&M. That's sad. Thank god I have a MAC (cheaper too).

Of the CD's I got last week I have listened to Snow Patrol a lot and it's great. I've also listened to Athlete a few times now and while some of it seemed a bit too packaged at first, I'm enjoying it much more now. Regina Spektor is odd becasue it's so all over the place and I'm not sure what's going to come next. Another or listen or two will be had for sure though.

Other exciting news is that the weekend after I get home is a big music festival I've been going to mywhole life. I volunteer now and it is one of the most amazing places/times ever. I set my flight home purposely so I'd be hom in time for it. I was talking to my dad about some changes they were looking at and it sounds exciting. BUt the biggest thing is that Leslie Feist is going to be performing on Friday night. This is bloody exciting. I've seen her before live but it's still really cool.

I am going to go back to my embroidery (cherries on a pink shirt). I'd like to get all the outlining done tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heart feist. that is the best welcome home present ever. xoxo.