Saturday, May 21, 2005

Technology

I have spent the entire day working on a single craft project which is now done and looks really really good. Howvere, this is not what I have to talk about. I am currently frustrated with technology.

1. My wonderful little computer is being slow and it bugs me.

2. I have three online journals. This one gets the most attention. I have another one that was for keeping everyone at home up to date but it only gets updated once a week now. I also have a shared craft blog with Midge.

3. My friends and family one is part of my .mac account. My father paid for this and has offerd to pay for it for another year but because I'm not updating it and only use the email feature other than that it's kind of a silly way for him to help me with money. Money like that would be way better off going to my loan or credit card debt.

4. I need an email address that won't move but is good. I like the .mac email features but it's expensive. I hate hotmail/yahoo types becasue I'm used to add free emails (read: I'm picky and spoiled). I don't want to use my isp's one because when I move back here I'll have to change it again. I do have a gmail one but it's new and I don't use it (yet).

5. The blog with Midge is very image heavy and I'm currently not happy with the free image hoster becasue it's randomly fucking the images I upload but not consistantly or in any way that makes sense.

6. I'm wondering if getting some webspace of my very own might be a solution, comes with multiple emails that I can check using one program that I can check wherever I am. I can host images on it for this, for the blog with Midge and for friedns to see. Also, my dad wholesales space so this wouldn't be expensive.

7. I want one email I can use for msn. The reason I'm never on isn't becasue I'm always on the account under my real name because it's how I keep in touch with people. I'd like to be able to do both at once.

That's enough of that for today. I'll talk to my dad over the weekend and see what he suggests.

In other news my american idol episode is taking forever to download and I didn't get the job at the uni I applied for. It was first come. first serve and they had filled all the spots by the time my application came in. I am on a list in case they need more people closer to the date though. Looks like I might have to hit up HK Inc. for more money than I intended. At least I know I have a decent paying job when I get back.

My back and shoulders are sore form the crafting all day (like 10 hours not including breaks!) so I am going to go have a real bath with some FCUK bubble bath and then curl up in bed with my cozy vibe, which I was going to call little but it is not. I'm going to need to invest in a water proof one because of the lack of privacy that Titania and I will have until we move into a bigger suite. We both know we wank, but it's another thing to hear each other while doing it. Ok, well it doesn't bother me but last time we had the conversation it bothered her, but the conversation wasn't so specific. She tends to be a bit more sexually conservative than I am habit wise but I think that's kind of easy.

No comments: