Saturday, May 14, 2005

Exchange is crazy

I slept in today compared to the rest of the week. I'm feeling a bit down about my money situation. I know my parents will help me but it's hard becasue if give me 100 dollars I only get 40 pounds. And that is not a lot of money at all - it doesn't go half as far as 100 would in canada. I really hope the temp job with the uni happens and I can get an advnace from my Canadian boss.

On top of it, I am obligated to do some craft things for some people for swapping which is kind of money I don't have. i know I'll get it sorted becasue this kind of thing is always magically sorted for me but right now it sucks. i want to go pick up some supplies to finish some crafts of and start my gift to lily for when I leave. That's only 3.00 though. Other supplies are a bit more but important to me.

On the good side of things however is that my flatmate from home (who should have a name becasue when I get back there I'll be talking about her a lot more) has said she's going to stay living with me. It means we'll be cramped in a one bedroom for a bit but she said I can do whatever I want to the flat when I'm done and we'll make it work. We'll also look at moving into a two-bedroom if one becomes available. That makes me feel better a bit.

Ok, I think I am going to go to the city and get some craft stuff but stay realy focused on the things I need for spacific projects, Tomorrow I'm going to go onto campus and take pictures for one of the swaps and go to the library and do some studying for my next exam.

No comments: