Friday, May 20, 2005

Relationships

Tonight went from ok to good to a different kind of good to quite bad and now back to good.

I was here happily crafting and trying not to feel all PMSy. Then lily asks me if I want to go out with her and scotsman and some people from her course. I'm still feeling kinda of sore but they'll end up at my fav place and I need to human contact that doesn't revolve around exams. So I get dressed and put makeup on and feel cute despite feeling sore. I also took a third pain killer when I'm only supposed to take one a day.

We met and things were fine but then once at the bar where we were meeting people because of cheap drinks (not my fav place) scotsman, who is not very social, and lily start get get in a bit of a tif that turns into a full fledged argument and her being angry because she wanted to go out and he didn't but he came but he wants to go early and she wants to stay and he'll stay if she wants but he'll guilt trip her tomorrow and blah blah blah. Anyways, while they're off fighting I start talking to one of her friends and it was lots of fun and we were laughing and bonded over a mutual love of beach and the smell of salt water.

The people we had met were going off to a cheese place and the we were to go to my fav place but lily was upset, I thought over scotsman but apparently it was over something about how some of the girls were about her being there. But really I was being pretty ignored but her and was feeling kind of shitty and scotsman didn't really know what to do. I ended up leaving them, as lily wanted to go back to hers, and just getting on a bus home.

Before I continue, I don't understand how people can have relationships with people they are not socially compatible with or why they just can't each do their own thing. Like if scotsman didn't want to go out but lily did then he could have stayed home. Like I don't get why that wasn't an option for them. And yes, scotsman is really quiet with people he doesn't know so obviously he was going to be a bit awkward in this stitch compared to if it was with the regular group of people. Couples who have shit like this piss me off and jsut assures me what I do not want out of a relationship.

Moving on, but also backing up a bit, right before I was leaving I got an email from HK Inc. asking me to help them program the voicemail system for the long weekend that's in Canada. I was in a rush but I sent them a few directions because I was the one who did it before. I did show someone how to do it but it can be really confusing and complicated. (I did wonder though what they've done at all the other holiday's since I left).

So when I got back from the city and was felling a bit crappy I called my office and the woman who answered was on maternity leave before I left and was really happy to hear from me. I asked them to cal me back and I talked to my co-worker who is also a good friend and I will call Olive. I fixed the voicemail issue and then we talked for a bit about other things and she's really excited to see me back and that all made me nice and happy. Redeemed the night a bit.

That's it for tonight. I am going to head to bed and do a bit more reading. I really like the Muse CD and there's a bit more below for interested parties.

WARNING!!!!!! Menstrual blood will be discussed in a visual way beyond this point. If you want to read it, highlight the section and the words will appear. Don't read it if you're just going to complain or think I'm gross. And if you do read it and think I'm gross you can go fuck yourself because that is closed-minded and not at all cool.


I left in such a rush to meet lily in the city that I forgot to empty the menstrual cup. Well normally I only have to empty it twice a day but one the first two days I need a third time. I intended to do it once we got to the bar but I got distracted by the flirty conversation and such. Then when I was walking to the bus I felt a little bit of an air thing and I knew that the cup was full and tipped and was going to leak soon. I couldn't really do anything about it though.

Luckily by the time I got home the leakage was very minor and not at all noticable until my jeans were off. I headed into the shower and removed it and went to empty it but it was really cool. I looked at it for a sec then emptied it down the drain and looked some more. I continued with my shower after that and put some clothes on and that's it really. Also, it's only a few tablespoons of blood. The cup is pretty small doesn't completely fill up.

But the thing I wanted to say is that, and unless you've been up close with a container of menstrual blood this isn't always known, it's not all just blood. There's thin parts, clotted parts. Some stuff is really dark, or more brown or really red. There's uterine lining which is kind of like a tissue more than a liquid and then there's thinner clear stuff that kind of sits towards the top which is vaginal lubricant. The whole thing is just really cool. LIke there's so much going on. Impressive really.

Also, I've noticed that with the menstrual cup I'm a lot wetter throughout the day than I used to be. Not becasue of arousal but just becasue there's not cotton soaking everything up and completely changing the..umm..ecosystem???...of my cunt. I like it and it feels much better.
That's enough of that. I'm sure I'll stop going on about the cup in a few more cycles.

No comments: