Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bored but energetic

Well I just got back from a quick outing. Only one hour but it's beautiful out and I got two new CD's as well as applied for some very temporary work. The CD's are some Idlewild from 1998 - they didn't have the newest album in and I liked the title of this one. If anyone is a fan of Idlewild and can give me some info on this one compared to their new stuff that would be great. I also got Regina Spektor.

I put the text we're reading for the exam tomorrow on my ipod. It's not in English and I don't understand it at all but apprarently just listening is good for you becasue you get a sense of rhythm and stress which could add to the feeling and meaning of the work. I do understand some words but not whole sentences. I'm going to listen to it again while reading the English which is also apparently a good technique.

I haven't been getting as much email as normal (non my personal email, not this one) and it makes me feel a bit neglected. I have nothing to add to that and it's silly but that's how I feel.

I'm going to go have some lunch now (see I'm eating like mad) and finish listening to this. Then I'm going to move onto looking at some vocab. I'll be back at least once today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you ever forget that cinnamon is a spice? damn these apples are killing me. anyway, i dont get email that much either.. well, ill try to send you more email. i promise.
xoxo.

bedshaped said...

Idlewild from '98? Shit, I didn't realise they have been going for so long.
I have a couple of older cd's and they are ok, but for me, the latest cd does it just right. It's almost like they've been trying to get the sound right over the years and finally on this latest release, they are almost there.

Celia said...

They had their 2000 and 2002 albums but I got the oldest one. Only had one listen so far and it's ok but I didn't immediately burn in. I'll listen to it a few more times before returning and then get my hands on the new album.


Darling, I will email you more too then. We have been talking alot more so email seems silly. kisses.