Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Honesty is a Mediocre Policy

If you've read even 4 or five posts here you'll have learnt that I am neutrotic and learning more about myself every single day. So at the risk of alienating visitors here is the latest thing I am going to be werid about.

Please no emails or comments where all you've got to say is how you wish you were with me in a sexual context, unless we have previously conversed and I am at least a bit familiar with you. In my head, this is the equivalet of the following situation.

I'm in a bar. I look hot, am dancing with friends and feeling a bit tipsy. I go to the bar to get a drink and a random guy come up behind me and grabs my tits saying something about how he'd like to get a piece of my ass. Not flattering, creepy and gross.

However, if we've conversed in the past, it's more like I go to the bar to get a drink and you (who I recognize from dancing last week) come up to me, buy my drink for me saying hello and asking how I'm liking the music. Flattering and Nice.

Now, I know, as a friend reminded me when I brought this up to her, I provide good material and I do talk about how I would really like someone. However, I'm not here looking for someone, nor do I write anything here with the goal of having people flatter me or say I'm sexy.

In the same way, as I've explained at length, how I need to be comfortable in my real life to be open, I need that same comfort here. I wasn't sure if I was going to say anything, but this is my space and here it all is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you haven't met me before? I beleive we have shared a moment, obviously you do not feel the same. I will no longer share my true feelings about you, sorry I have been "creepy".

Celia said...

This is going to probably make me look bitchy but whatever.

When people comment anonymously and leave generic comments how am I supposed to have any idea if we've conversed before? Think about this. Don't chose to make it not obvious. It's mind-gamey, it bugs me and it does not make me comfortable at all.
Plus, you can give yourself a name but chosing "other" after the comments and leaving the wesite blank.

I also don't think anyone has trying to be creepy but as much as I have to think about how I am appearing in text, people who comment do too. And it's not like I can respond in anyway to that sort of comment. I mean I don't want you with me. I don't know the tiniest thing about you that I can tell because you're being anonymous!

Anonymous said...

I like you bitchy.

Delgar said...

You can turn off anonymous commenting, not that, that will do much.