Monday, March 07, 2005

warm and cozy

I'm at home now. I'm sitting in the comfortable chair in a pink tank with lace trim and my new thong that's white with black polka-dots. May hair is tired up in a bun. I've got some leftover pasta by my side, as well as stuff to do my nails (black polish) and 4 books, 3 of which I must return by tomorrow at 10:00 am. I also have translation to do for my fun lecture in the morning. On top of that I want to read at least some of the magazine I bought and do my usual internet stuff. Today I bought a hip flask with my uni's logo on it. Not only useful but a way more representative souvenir than a shirt of something.

This afternoon I was walking home and thinking about how much I hate pictures of myself. And really it's because when I see pictures of myself, I don't think I look like that. Even on the rare occasion when I look good in a picture I'm kind of shocked. When when I look in the mirror sometimes, I see not quite what I picture. I mean you think if there was anyone who's image would be the same in reality and in imagination it would be yourself.

9 comments:

Delgar said...

That's not entirely true.

I think a lot of people want to be something that their not, so they can do that in fantasy and not in real life.

Just a thought.

Delgar said...

Oh by the way I've updated my blog with some pretty arousing stuff you might like it. :)

Celia said...

I guess it's weird how I see myslef in a way that's inconsistant with what others are seeing. I don't know if that's bad or not.

I used to want to be an environmental chemist before I developed a dislike for maths. But I always loved chem. In college I did a term of environmental chemistry for arts majors (read: super easy) and had so much fun doing it.

Again, Thanks.

Delgar said...

Yah, my Chemistry involved a lot of math and physics both course I could do without and courses that I quickly forgot all that I learned.

There is no math in Organic Chemistry!!!! Well nothing that a calculator can't solve.

Celia said...

I really just liked drawing the diagrams of hydrocarbons (is that right?). I also likes doing the thing (obviously the knowledge didn't all stick) with the a, d, and f stuff or something. It had to do with electrons maybe.
So I really just liked the drawing/pattern parts. We also smelted copper which was pretty cool.

I must look like a total idiot now. I am such an arts major.

Delgar said...

I believe you're talking about molecular orbital diagrams.

s,p,d,f,

http://www.chemistry.mcmaster.ca/esam/Chapter_8/intro.html

Something like that?

Celia said...

Ya, I loved doing those. Just like I really enjoy writing etymological statements and using the dictionary.

Delgar said...

So how much longer do you have to wait for your new toy?

Delgar said...

Man, I'm so bored here at work at the moment that I just keep hiting the reload button over and over again. How sad is that?

Ah well only 15-20 minutes more of me hitting the reload button over and over again.