Monday, March 21, 2005

True Love

Book 2 of like 8 I have to read for my paper of my inspiring lecture is complete. I will finihs another one before bed tonight. What I was reading was a work I haven't read before about a figure I am only generally familiar with. And it's weird becasue the more I read and the more I study I wonder about more things in a much more in depth way. But I also read more things as they were intended to be. Like I was reading a biography and laughing and points.

As much as I may complain about school work (do I?) I adore what I do. When I have a good topic in front of me I just soak up the information like theer's nothing else in the world I want to know. I am absorbed and fascinated by everything. I love it.

I have been hanging about today in a dress. I only have one dress here (only two at home and they are both very formal gowns). I bought it here for the formal but I'm excited to wear it about with flip-flops when the weather permits. I am very happy in it but am going to change because I feel silly when I see my flatmates in the hallway.

A mestrual cup is an alternative to pads and tampons. There are a few different versions of them and they are made of silicone or rubber. Pretty simple really. Good idea for the environment, much cheaper as they last for about 10 years apparently, much more body friendly than bleached cotton, and need to be changed much less. The ones available in the UK are called moon cups but the diva cup and the keaper are other brands. They are kind of new, but I feel like out of many of my friends, I'm jumping on the band wagon late.

I'm excited to get it though. I don't know if I'll get it before my period this months but I have some tampons around still so no worries. (I bought tons before I left because I can get them cheap at home and I use non-applicator ones so they hardly took up any space in my suitcase and I haven't had to buy any since I got here. I also know that for some people menstrual cups have helped relieve cramps which would make me a very happy girl.

What kind of post deserves such a title more than one about menstruation and school. None I think. Off I go to watch "the L word" then do some more homework. Since I have only ever read the L word I am very excited to see what all the characters look like.

No comments: