Monday, March 14, 2005

In a rush

I've got to be quick because there's a giant queue for the computers and I have no work I can do to make myself not feel guilty for posting while people might be waiting to do real work. Plus I have real work to do for an assignment due tomorrow I haven't really started.

I bought some food and now have to find a table to read and take notes. All I really want to do is go home and eat pasta with cheese and butter. But I have no pasta and I really don't feel like going to Sainsbury's. Veggie burger and chips will likely be dinner again tonight and maybe even tomorrow.

I saw the cute bumbling ph.D. student today at my seminar. He was just as cute and bumbly as two weeks ago, but he has a girl friend. How does this come up in a seminar you ask? Well we were comparing a political figure of the past to Tony Blair and discussing if and how he was a member of the elite. Then one of the guys in our lecture (kind of daft, not my type at all) said he must be because his wife's name is Cherie. Then the Ph.D. student said that was his girlfriends name. So there's that, not as if I was considering acting on it anyway.

Then the cute guy from the presentation last week with the chucks was in my inspiring lecture this morning. Unfortunately this morning was the last lecture for that module so no chance of talking to him there. But our seminar is smaller and we always discuss so that's fine. It's something about his face. He looks very serene and sincere and un-troubled. Hard to explain.

There's another guy in my fun lecture. He's a good friend of classclown and they went to the same school growing up for a few years at least. I don't think anything of him because I just haven't had any conversations or anything with him, but physically he's something else. Cheesily, something about him reminds me of classical sculpture. His hair, his arms, his face. It's all so defined and masculine.

Well that's enough pointless obsessing today. I've got to go take notes and write 1000 words on non-English poetry/philosophy/science passages and eat.

17 comments:

Delgar said...

Hey nothing wrong with a quickie!

Have a good day! Now you've made me all hungry and it's at least two hours till I can eat. ARGH you are a mean one Mr. Grinch.

Celia said...

I am now happily at home. with way too many books for my own good but most of them are for the paper I'm working on over the holiday.

I am going to actually eat now and watch survivor (I know, American idol and Survivor, my cool badge should so be revoked.) because I didn't eat while in the library and if I don't watch survivor now I'll never be able to focus on work.

Hope you're enjoying your lunch.

Delgar said...

My lunch was Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Right now I'm updating my blog with more chemistry geek stuff. You might like it. I'll let you know when it's finalized.

So the new toy is working out well for you? I'm so happy for you. :)

Celia said...

For sure let me know when it's done. But I checks your's on my regular rounds so I'll see it either way.

I haven't said much about the new toy. It's being used but I will talk more about it when term is over and I have more relaxing time.

Delgar said...

Should be updated now, I can't promise that it will make you hot, but you never know.

How can one resist a guy in a lab coat. Actually that's a good story I'll have to add that one to my blog at some point to.

Celia said...

I'll read it when survivor is over. I love this show.

I even like it that Lily wears a lab coat at school.

Delgar said...

Ahh survivor, I watched the first and second season, but after that I couldn't stomach any more. I ache for the day that reality t.v. which isn't really reality t.v. just a cheap version of real entertainment finally dies out and we can get some real good shows.

T.V. needs a show about Chemists. Yah, maybe I'll pitch something to someone. Yah, that's it.

Besides who can resist a geek in a lab coat?

Celia said...

I don't think of Survivor as reality tv at all despite it's label.

And Greg on CSI is one of the main reasons I started watching the show. He's out of the lab coat usually now, but I know he has one.

Maybe I need Lily to hook me up with a genetisist or something.

Delgar said...

Why not, scientists need love too. :)

Celia said...

Scientists don't need it any more that academic minded arts students.

She never mentiones anyone on her course nor does she invite them round. We'll see.

Delgar said...

Well I do know a chemist who lives in Vancouver...

Hmm....

Celia said...

Vancouver is very far away from me.

Delgar said...

I was thinking about the future.

I only know one person in Britain, and she's a girl and I doubt she swings that way, but damn that would be hot come to think of it.

Celia said...

Well in four months (can you hear my crying about how soon that is?) if we're still here we can ponder.

I have such a love/hate relationship with the prospect of sleeping with girls. Somehow I think it would be more complicated right now.

Delgar said...

Most girls would just outright say no. So, no worries there. So, now all we need to do is find you a nice, charming, bumbling, sexy Brit, that can sweep you off your feet. :)

Easy right?

Delgar said...

Rather than me posting more crap, which is what I usually do.

Here is a question for you.

You keep saying that you want to nail a fine piece of British ass. BUT you don't do one night stands, you need to be comfortable with the person before you get intimate (by the way there is absolutely nothing wrong with this at all). How, long does it take you to get comfortable with someone?

Celia said...

I'm going to flatter myself a bit and say that I am so not "most girls".

I've found plenty of boys that fulfill all but the sweeping me of my feet part, which is even more grandiose than I would like. And you forgot the dissheveled hair.