Thursday, March 03, 2005

Towards the end of the day

Today was good. I'm Just eating dinner now (the closest I get to meat and potatoes) and am feeling good and relaxed.

It turns out we get a Ph.D. student to teach us every Thursday now in the fun lecture. But he's not really that engaging and no one pays attention really and it goes as far as people having conversations (though quiet) or gigling through the entire hour. The guy does nothing but continue like everyone's paying attention and it's weird. FUnny but like a waste of time a bit.

I walked home with classclown and another guy from our lectures. Basically they had spent the whole lecture passing a paper in between them and another guy making fun of the instructor and other people in the class. A girl who usually sits with them on that side of the room was sitting inbetween Eliot and I. It turns out Eliot kept staring at her cleavage. I mentioned that he did that to me as well.

We then got into a discussion about how Eliot was the friend because he's approachable and not the guy you're attracted to. I agreed and I said he was quite nice but the continuing awkwardness and shyness was not good. We talked and laughed a bunch more all the way home. The other guy left after failing to convince classclown to go out tonight.

Me and him talked a bit more about how we had no money and when I was leaving. He said that the class would be differnt without me and I responded that, yes, it would be lacking my not talking and not knowing the answer 90% of the time. He said just my presence would be missed. Flattering but he's one of those guys that are charming and not necessarily that sincere about it.

Again though, they were talking about girls being fit and I kind of quietened. I guess I just don't feel that they would put me in that category and it's weird for me. I'd hate to think I'm in the "friend only" category. But I still feel good. Work to do and gingersnaps to eat tonight.

One last thing, I was thinking how I said I'd post what I'm looking for in a guy and I don't think I will. I think it's becoming clear as I go along. And I really don't have a type. Smart, creative, respectful and clean are really the only universal things and the first two can mean a bunch of different things.

4 comments:

Delgar said...

I don't think I've ever met a woman who's not self concious about her weight and apperance.

Celia said...

It was different when I was dancing, because I was in good shape and it was just that that was how my body was. Now that I'm not doing anything nearly that strenuous anymore, I'm kind of like I could do something to make it better, and don't really deserve to complain, but I also so can't get my shit together enough to change it.

ramble ramble.

Delgar said...

Well I hope you enjoy your evening, as I believe yours is starting to come to a close and mine is just begining.

Nothing exciting planned for mine. Another two hour workout, right in the middle of the evening. Basically ruins the ability to do anything else. But it's worth it right?

Celia said...

it's certainly worth something. If it wasn't so cold and I had an ipod shuffle (I'm obsessed) I'm sure I could motivate myself to go for a run.
I'd rather do some more reading and go to bed early though. I'm starting to be lazy I think.