Thursday, March 24, 2005

Reading Lists

I've cried today. That's two days in a row. Yesterday was sobbing and painful crying. Today was slow, gentle and sad. I was making lunch and thought about forgetting about the prospect of ever meeting anyone. I've done it before when I needed to concentrate on other things more. No crushes, very little wanking. Just me, my friends, and moving forward. But you know it's not like I'm really looking for someone, I mean I go about my life and if someone comes into it I find interesting...well I'd like to say I get to know them and see what happens, but obviously I don't, I get neurotic and nothing happens.

I don't know what's going on with me. It's may just be hormone included emotions, but it's making me feel like I'm lacking. Like I only fool myslef into believing this life I have is a fabulous one. That maybe all those moments where I'm delightfully happy are completely manufactured. rose coloured glasses? wool over my eyes? It's all very dreary. When I look seriously, like an outsider at my life, it's good. I have some of the most amazing family and friends one could have, I know the general direction I want my career to take and it's actually going that way, I have a cat, an apartment, an amazingly flexible paying job, but I feel lacking.

And these are depression tears now. They're the scary ones I hate to have. They're so natural and smooth. They aren't out of panic or fear, or pain or anything like that. They come with deep relaxed breathing. I can smile through them becasue I know somehow I'll be fine but they continue because they are so innate to my very being it doesn't matter how much I smile or how ok I am, they're here.

I didn't even come here to write all this. But the Artist is dating, cheapdrunk is dating, my most judgemental and picky friends from home is dating (living with the boy even), a darling friends loser boyfriend is dating (yes, he's dating her but I don't understand it) and someone not even in Britain might get to hook-up with a brit (don't take offense to this love, we'll talk). And I'm here. With friends that are no where near me and a dream carer in front of me if I can get my shit together to do research.

What I wanted to write is about two books. When I was 15 or 16 I read two reviews in my local city entertainment weekly. I bought both books. I read them. I still own them both. I don't remember what I had to say about them. One of the books was short stories, rather than a novel and I only remember two of them but both really vaguely. One was about a demon of sorts and the other was about menstrual blood. I also used to read a lot of SHirley Jackson who is an amazing short story writer. I had an anthology of hers and lent it to someone and I'm not sure who. One of three people really.

I have two hours before I have to go and mail a parcel and get my hair cut. I'd like to say I'm going to do my school reading but I don't know if I will. It's my inspiring lecture but I'm not feeling to insipirable today. yes, I know that;s not a word and I'm fine with it. Sorry for being so crap today. I will get better at some point. I need to be aorund people and there's no one here. I have over two more weeks of this to go to. I;d be fine if I could shop but I'm lonely and broke. No wonder I'm sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no worries love, i understand, and who knows, i get neurotic too. i send too many emails, and then he apologizes (via email) for me making a joke. and you know you go too far, but when you're honestly pretty close to the last 2 people on earth, and he isnt running to buy you dinner and fuck you like mad, you obviously think there is something wrong with you, no? ga, and the only thing worse than being lonely is being lonely and poor. grr. xoxo .