Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It Occured To Me

1. That picture is really me. The garter is one of three items I own in red. The others are a thong and a shirt. Also, it makes me realize how really pale I am. I like it usually though and I don't really tan either.

2. Having another dream last night involving the Artist. He came with me and my friends to a trashy English wine bar and ended up flirting a lot with one of my friends. Then he ended up passing out away from us in a bar with another girl. I wasn't mad or jealous at all. I was just glad to see him again, kind of embarrassed by how drunk he got and felt a bit bad for my friend. I'm not worried about the dreams about him though; I know I have them when I want someone. It's like a sign of wanting to be involved with someone who likes me. I also think it's connected to my increase in thoughts about classclown. I don't really know what's going on yet, other than he makes me smile and that in many important ways, he's not the type of person I need in my life for more than friendship.

3. If you haven't figured it out by now, I don't eat meat. I do eat eggs and Dairy though (Laco-ovo Vegitarian). Since I've been here meat is becoming more and more gross to even look at but I think it's party because my flatmates aren't super hygenic about it. This also contributes to me needing the kitchen clean. All that said, eggs are starting to freak me out. I do eat them regularly because they're a great source of protein and I like how they taste, but every time I crack one open I get scared a half developed chicken is going to fall into the pan or bowl or whatever. Like I'm hesitant to break eggs and kind of keep my eyes half closed when I do so.

4. Classclown keeps mocking Elliott (I spell it different everytime I type it) for meeting his girlfriend on the internet. First of all though, I realized today that Elliot tries to get physically involved incoversations but never has anything to say and that I used to do this when I was young, and didn't quite know who I was and was with people I was uncomfortable with. It's unfortunate that he's 19 and still does this. Anyways, I should defend him to classclown and I don't. Truth is, I met the artsist online. We were young and didn't meet live until after talking online and on the phone for over 2 months and didn't start dating until another month or so after that. I didn't mean to meet somone online but it's how it worked. I also don't think that seeking someone out online is bad in any way. I mean why limit yourself to the area where you live.

Off I go to do more reading and go to a meeting.

4 comments:

Delgar said...

Love red, red underwear is great. Who am I kidding all underwear is great!

I'm a meat eater to the core. I guess that's the Alberta influence. For the longest time I couldn't even eat seafood, I still avoid it mostly but if worst comes to worst I'll eat it. We've tried to make Tofu now on a couple of occasions and both times we didn't really like it. Now we kind of just stick to smaller meat portions, but we still eat meat.

As far as finding someone on the internet goes. Different strokes for different folks. I don't see a problem with it, to be honest it's probably better than picking up some loser in a bar, but that's just my opinion.

I did go on one date with someone from online. However, this was back in the day before the internet (gasp before the internet?). Yes yours truly was a big BBS (Buletin Board System) user back high school, I met several strange and interesting people in those years. But I did go on basically a blind date with someone from the BBS. It didn't work out but at least I can say I did it right?

Now I've babbled on for long enough. Have a nice day.

Celia said...

I'm slowly warming up to red but usually I just find it boring and unoriginal. But very classic for a garter I guess.

I haven't been eating meat for 11 years and for the first 6 or so I didn't eat tofu at all because I didn't like it. The thing with tofu is that it has no taste of it's own and the texture is particular. It's really easy to have bad tofu if it's not cooked well.

I remember being little and using compuserve when it was all text on a blue and white monitor. I told my dad it was boring. I also remember being very young and having to buy a tape player so that we could use our computer. And thanks to going to inner-city schools I used commodore 64's until I was about 11.

Delgar said...

WooHoo, I used to have a Commodore Vic 20 which was the poorer more useless brother of the 64.

Ah lose were the lame days.

Now I have a 19" flat panel monitor, and a decent computer, although it is over a year old now, so it's almost obsolete.

Black is my favorite lingerie color, not sure why, but I'd definately have to go with black!

Celia said...

another thing, about the meat eating, there are tons of great meat substitutes now aside from tofu but with the same nutrient advantages. And I some of them smell so much like meat I threw them away before even trying them because they made me feel gross.

I like black too, but with another colour. Like light blue, or turquoise, or pink. I'm way too pale to pull of all black, especially now that my hair is really dark.